0 of 10 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Which of the following is not a characteristic of persistent pain?CorrectIncorrect
Which of the following aspects of a patient’s life can be affected by pain?CorrectIncorrect
Match the following terminology with the correct definition by using ‘drag and drop’ into the table below:
- Biological changes, due to repeated use of a drug, leading to tolerance and withdrawal symptoms
- Use of the drug is a conditioned response to a trigger
- Use of a drug that is not consistent with what has been directed or prescribed, regardless of whether they cause harm or not
- Intentional use of a prescribed drug for a nonmedical use
- Pattern of continued use, regardless of the harm the drug causes or may cause to themselves of others
When opioids are used for persistent pain they should be reviewed regularly. Match the correct time frame to the statements below.
- 4-6 weeks
- 2-4 weeks
- 6 months
When opioids are prescribed for persistent pain an opioid trial is recommended, with clear agreed goals for treatment. To assess a patient's response to treatment they should be reviewed within
Patients are unlikely to gain benefit in the long-term (and continuing opioids is not recommended) if they have not achieved useful pain relief within
Patients who obtain benefit in the short-term are not guaranteed long-term efficacy. Regular review is recommended to assess whether benefits continue to outweigh any adverse effects and potential harm, at least every
What percentage of people using prescribed analgesia for persistent pain are prescribed opioids?CorrectIncorrect
True or false:
Frequent side effects for opioids include constipation, nausea, dizziness, sedation, and confusion.CorrectIncorrect
Which of the following possible outcomes of a PROMPPT review would be considered a success?CorrectIncorrect
Read the text segments below and select which set of statements are true.
- Self-care strategies help patients to adjust to living with pain.
- Self-care strategies help patients to reduce the intensity of the pain.
- Self-care strategies can help patients to keep active and engaged in the things that matter to them.
- Self-care strategies are important only when patients have exhausted all other treatment options.
- Self-care strategies require the patient to have some understanding that their pain is not likely to reduce in any significant way.
Match the following PROMPPT documents with the correct statement
- Patients will complete this prior to the initial consultation to help them set an agenda and for the pharmacist to begin to understand a little about their experiences
- Pharmacist will complete at the time of, or on the same day of, the consultation and will email a copy to the PROMPPT study team at Keele CTU
- Pharmacist will complete alongside the patient with a brief statement about the management plan and follow-up arrangements
- Pharmacist will complete alongside the patient in the first consultation, highlighting key resources relevant to the agreed management plan
Pain concerns form
Case report forms
Pain review plan
Which of the following statements are serious adverse events (SAE) that need immediate reporting?CorrectIncorrect